1.05.2011

I've Got the Power!

I've got the power hey yeah heh
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
Gettin' kinda heavy

It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic…



Okay, showing my age, just a little with the fact that every time I think of the Challenge "The Power of One" that song comes to mind. I need to get that download because I am quite certain I need to add that to my run track for this summer's 10K!


This was a good week, well, starting Monday it got pretty good. Before Monday, I was a slug. I felt like and acted like and was a complete slug. But I think I am back on track. Got in a good workout Monday, Tuesday's Tworkout and then Tonight was Kickboxing. Finally getting into a groove and burning some calories. It feels good. And the bonus? I am dropping the holiday weight. Ya! 4 lbs to be exact.


Last week we were asked for part of the challenge to talk about the goals we had as an outcome on the challenge. and also for the year. I have thought about this a lot. I felt so out of sorts by the end of this last year, I just have not been able to really get it on track yet. 


That is goal numero uño. Get my life on track. That is a broad goal, but I need things lined up. Quick! I cannot go another year feeling this unorganized and without a real purpose. So, it's that time. And it's the Power of One. Only I can change it, so I am!


Step one on that track is for me to get into shape. Physically feeling better is something I have been working on for 4 years. 2011 is the year I succeed in this goal! 


Step two is another challenge I gave myself. I am focusing on my photography skills and increasing my capabilities with my camera. I want to do more with this, so I started a 365 Photo Challenge and even a new companion blog to this one.  A Day in 365. Right after this, I have to head over and post my next photo for this. I really love photography and somehow it took me 20 years to get back to it being a higher goal than my design goals. A lousy college teacher squashed my plans on this and well, it's time to prove that I really have the ability to do it. 


Step three - I want to have a fun year. Last year was a challenge for me and my family. I do not want this year to be that way. Hopefully some things I have put into place will help us there. Crossing my fingers!


Okay, that's going to sum it up for tonight and this past week (all 3 days I feel that are count-able) and it's time to get rolling for week 2 of The Power of One!


"Bang the bass turn up the treble
Radical mind day and night all the time"



(those are some crazy lyrics, but they rhythm is what we want to keep going right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment